Under Sun Acres is thrilled to announce our partnership with Chef Paolo! We’ve teamed up to provide you with some of the best pepper recipes around. Check them out!
About Chef Paolo
Chef Paolo comes to us with over 20 years of culinary experience within fine dining, high volume restaurants, à la carte, buffet, casino operations, banquets, catering and university work. Vasapolli has showcased his culinary skills on local and national T.V. shows. An accomplished culinarian, he specializes in Italian, Canadian, and ethnic cuisines.
- Born in Palermo, Sicily Italy, moved to Canada in 1989 at the age of 11
- Started in the kitchen as a dishwasher at the age of 15 moving on up to pizza maker and then to line cook
- Worked for the Spago Chain
- 680 seat, Casino Windsor Buffet opening team (now Caesars Windsor Buffet)
- In charge of all-day restaurant and room service serving up to 3,300 covers per day
- Responsible for Legends Sports Bar, Pronto Cafe
- (Pasticcio Restaurant) Achieved recognition as being voted The Best Italian Restaurant in the Greater Metro Detroit area
- Food demonstration on television cooking show
- Featured on Food Network performing cooking demonstrations
- Past member of Italian Chefs Federation of Canada
- Featured in magazine representing local Italian Restaurants part of Via Italia
- Directed casino culinary team to win local food competition
- Featured in commercial for Casino Windsor for new $ 11 million outlet (buffet)
- Artist Café Restaurant (Caesars Windsor) voted number one café two years in a row by Metro Times
- Conducted specialty cooking classes for St. Clair College
- Winner of “Way to Go” employee of the month at Casino Windsor
- Conducted cooking classes for L.C.B.O and Loblaw Food Stores
- Featured in multiple photo shoots representing Caesars Branding
- Directed University of Windsor Culinary team to win peoples choice award for best hors d’oeuvres (Big Brothers and Big Sisters Association) 2009
- Directed University of Windsor Culinary team to win judges award for best hors d’oeuvres 2010
- Featured Judge for local pastry competition alongside Food Network Chef David Rocco
- Recipient of the 2014 Opus Support Staff Award (University of Windsor)
Chef Paolo recently received certification in the Forward Food initiative. “Each day, millions of meals are eaten by millions of customers up and down the country, in hospitals, educational establishments, workplace restaurants and food courts. Forward Food is a campaign to encourage and enable the catering industry to shift the focus of menus away from meals centered primarily on animal products and put more plant-based food on plates.” – Human Society International – Forward Food
“Chef François Murphy of the Canadian branch of Humane Society International led chefs and other interested University of Windsor campus staffers through training in preparing meatless dishes.
Murphy demonstrated a number of recipes for breakfast and dinner — muffins, biscuits, skillets, avocado fries — and how to replace egg whites in meringues with aquafaba, the liquid in which chickpeas are canned.
Riana Topan, manager of the Forward Food program, said it promotes both health and environmental sustainability, but does not require people to become vegan.
“A lot of people are looking for more plant-based options,” she said. “The chefs we work with are talented but don’t necessarily have the training to prepare a meal not centered on meat.”
Executive chef Paolo Vasapolli said that filling that gap was a primary rationale in holding the session.
“It’s all about serving our patrons more variety,” he said. “Our staff will take what we learned and put it into our everyday operations.”” – excerpt from University of Windsor Daily News to read the full article or learn more visit uwindsor.ca/dailynews