Green peppers (or any colour will do)
8 oz of button sliced mushrooms
1 lb of sirloin steak sliced
2 tbsp of olive oil
1 small sliced yellow onion
8 slices of Provolone or Mozzarella cheese
1 tsp of Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350-degree F.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet or pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and mushrooms to the hot pan and cook until the onions begin to brown and soften.
- Add the steak and seasoning and cook until desire doneness medium well, well etc.
- Prepare the bell peppers by cutting off the tops and removing the insides and cut in half. Scoop out using a spoon and placing them in a baking dish.
- Add a spoonful of meat, mushrooms and onion mixture to each pepper.
- Add 1 slice of cheese to each pepper on top of the Philly Cheesesteak mixture.
- Top the remaining meat mixture on top. of the cheese.
- Bake the Keto Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top wit ha second cheese slice and broil for 3- minutes or until the cheese is melted and starting to brown
- Enjoy alone or with a side of cauliflower rice.